Scheduling appointments seems like a simple matter: find an empty space in the calendar and write something down. But the fact of the matter is that there are always complications. Maybe you have to find a spot that fits on a co-worker’s calendar. Maybe you need to make sure you can make it across town in time for the next appointment on your schedule. Thankfully, there are tools out there that are making the process better — they don’t all serve the same purpose, but there are many different ways to make your calendar more manageable.
- Lifebooker: Need an appointment with a hair stylist or a spa? Lifebooker can help you get on their calendar when it’s convenient for you.
- Tungle.me: Rather than having a receptionist field calls and make appointments, people can visit your Tungle.me calendar and make appointments on their own. As long as you clearly mark when you’re already booked, you can easily make sure that your calendar is manageable.
- Google Calendar: If you’re already using Google’s other services, Google Calendar simply makes sense. It allows you to issue invites for meetings to other people and, if you’re using Gmail, you can add events to your calendar without even leaving your inbox.
- Zoho Calendar: Maintain a web-based calendar easily with Zoho Calendar — you can tie it in to any other Zoho products you use, as well as import calendars and share scheduling information across platforms.
- SkedgeMe: Rather than playing phone tag or trading emails to try to find a mutually acceptable time, SkedgeMe shows your available times so that someone can easily set an appointment with you.
- TimeBridge: Get a group on the same page in terms of when a meeting can be scheduled with TimeBridge. It integrates with many calendar applications, including Google Calendar and Outlook.
- Plancast: Broadcast your plans to your friends with Plancast. This way, they can figure out your schedule and plan around it or join you at events.
- AirSet: If synchronizing your calendars has been an issue, AirSet makes it manageable. You can even organize your family as a group through the tool.
- Plannr: For iPhone users, Plannr offers an up-to-the-minute way to make plans with friends. With its built-in text messaging capability, you can easily update everyone on what’s going on.
- Doodle: Doodle lets you easily set meeting times by letting your attendees decide on the best time, as well as details like menus and locations.
Image credit: nigelcarse / iStockphoto